October 9, 2012

Who stole the 26th Biennale des Antiquaires show?

Once in a while - thanks to my hubbies' work - I get invited to a VIP event. Little did I know that I would witness one of the most incredible occurence at the Paris Biennale des Antiquaires.


Once every two years, in September, Paris holds an International antique exhibition. The exhibition is organized by the Syndicate National des Antiquaires and takes place in the beautiful building of the Grand Palais. The glass roof is a marvellous showcase for the exhibits and the events of this unique art fair. Art dealers of the leading art houses worldwide participate and present art objects from various periods.



Alongside the world's most exclusive antique and art dealers were ten of the most desirable jewellers including Cartier, Chanel, Harry Winston, Boucheron, Piaget, Van Cleef and Arpels, Dior and for the first time ever Bulgari and Chinese jeweller Wallace Chan. All of these houses had created their most refined jewels for this event.




Chaumet's "Aigrette" white gold diadem,
with a white Ethiopian 40-carat opal cabochon,
250 diamonds, 34 blue tourmalines and 22 violet tanzanites.

I admit I got carried away with Harry Winston's showcase even before the sales person asked me for my name and then smoothly announced that the necklace I was admiring had my name written all over it. "The day I win an Oscar and need to waltz down the red carpet infront of the Kodak theatre I'll be back!"


Harry Winston's "Wave" necklace
with 534 brilliant-cut diamonds 
and a single 60.14 carat pear-cut diamond
in a platinum setting.

However, the show was utterly and completly stolen by a very unexpected guest.
See for yourself:


A pink coloured dog


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...