April 23, 2017

How many emotions fit into one day?

The first thought that crossed my mind this morning was: "Has there been a sequel to the shooting of last night at the Champs Elysées?" Luckily the answer was no. RELIEF

I could not resist the beautiful sunshine and braved the low temperatures to have a stroll around the Trocadero. CURIOSITY

Walking towards the square I was wondering if I'd find tourist defying last night's violence and the media frenzy. Sure enough tourist buses were buzzing around, people were taking selfies with the Eiffel tower as a backdrop, a bike tour whizzed by, wedding couples were having their portrait taken, food stalls were flourishing and the street vendors lingered waiting for easy prey. THANKFULNESS

Life seemed nearly back to normal albeit the eerie yet respectful feeling when crossing a few policemen's path. ADMIRATION

Next, I took myself off to the kids' school where my husband was to give a presentation for Career Day. What better occasion to see my hubby in action. TEMPTATION

At one point all four of us were in the classroom which made me giggle and happy for it confirms our closeness as a family and support of each other. HAPPINESS

Today is also Expat boy's last day of school. Yep! He is about to graduate. This is great news for him and I am thrilled for his sake but it also makes me feel a bit sad and rather old. NOSTALGIA

To top off the day a close friend of mine has popped the news that they will be moving on to a new destination just when I thought she'd be by my side forever! DISAPPOINTMENT

But, all in all, it has been a good day. Dare I say it's just another regular day in the city of Lights! Paris le jour, Paris la nuit, sous soleil ou sous la pluie, Paris sera toujours… Paris! LOVE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...