November 4, 2018

Swiss treats

Anybody who has met me knows I have a sweet tooth and an even bigger faible for chocolate. Probably my most British feature (there aren't many) is that I religiously sit down for teatime. It might be 15:30 or 18:00, I do NOT skip tea and biscuits.

Having spent most of the week inside eating due to really bad weather conditions this half term, I did not hold back on what you call "merenda" in Lugano!

Who knew I'd find pink flamingo cakes in this corner of the world?!?


Petit choux filled with white chocolate mousse and 
served in a flamingo shape was this week's highlight!


Vermicelles: a southern Swiss speciality made from chestnuts, butter, sugar and Kirsch usually served with whipped cream and meringues


A twist on the classic apple tart... served with whipped cream AND ice cream! Yum.


My absolute favourite Swiss tart: Carac, dessert pastry traditionally made of chocolate, cream, fondant, and shortbread pie crust. 


A little petit four after dinner in tone with the Autumn colours.


Zimtsternli, my favourite Swiss Christmas biscuits.
Stocking up before heading back to Paris!


Lindor, Lindt's most famous Export chocolate!


A new Lindt product that I have fallen in love with... 
Nutella's got some serious competition!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...