October 14, 2019

Falling in love with Paris again...

Sunday morning, 7am and I am wide awake... and... I had decided it was time I fell back in love with Paris. I can tell by the number of photos I have taken lately. I dare say I have a fair amount more of Ibiza than I do of Paris year to date!

After breakfast I took hubby by the hand and started strolling down to the Seine determined to make the most of what would no doubt be one of this year's last glorious sunny Sundays. With camera in hand we reached the river banks which to our surprise were closed to traffic due to Paris' 20km run gathering 30,000 runners from 100 countries in the streets of the French capital.

This was just the ticket, no were else does true French solidarity shine through more than in the form of associations. Faithful to its historical convictions, each year, the race's voluntary organization committee supports charitable associations in health and welfare... and the runners as well as the spectators were all in!

The onlookers had turned out in huge numbers - all enjoying a taste of the Indian summer - they were cheering, chanting, singing, dancing, clapping even howling at the participants. Home-made banners, printed posters, colourful flags, megaphones and bands lined the 20km course. Young and old, able bodied and disabled, men and women, all facing the challenge for a good cause. Now if that doesn't warm you heart... I am convinced Parisians are a different race on a sunny Sunday!

Hubby and I walked our usual route up and down the riverbank, following the racecourse for some miles, enjoying the blue skies and the sunny weather, but what warmed our hearts most on this day was feeling the city's solidarity and all the people that had turned up the show their caring side.

It was a good day to fall in love with Paris again!


A glorious Parisian Sunday


A constant flow of human all running for a cause


The last kilometres...


Some pink cheering on the sidelines


When your associations' buddies run past everyone cheers!


Take a seat this is gonna take a while... and don't forget to cheer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...