April 4, 2020

Paris all to myself

After five and a half weeks the cast has finally come off and I feel liberated. My wrist is still sore but I can now go for a run.

Armed with my "attestation de déplacement dérogatoire" and with the excuse of going grocery shopping I took a deep breath of fresh air and stepped into the sunshine.

Sticking within the 1km radius that the government allows and keeping track of the one hour limit I crossed the Bir-Hakeim bridge, ran passed the Eiffel Tour, traversed the Champs de Mars came back over the passerelle Debilly and across the Trocadero with 20 minutes left to shop in Marks&Sparks!

My world is back in order, at least for today. Paris is eerily empty but hearing your own footsteps pad the cobblestone roads and the birds singing in the blossoming trees with the sun beaming out of a deep blue sky is absolutely priceless.

Even though the self-confinement has its bad sides, the little exceptions are all the more appreciated... and Paris will never ever look the same again!


The sky has never been so blue!


The Jardins de Trocadero all to myself


Spreading the love


Place de Trocadero is unrecognisable without the flow of tourists  


Missing the newly weds on the Bir-Hakeim bridge


Just a distant memory!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...