December 21, 2020

Paris' Christmas windows

Every December many Parisians stroll down to the 9th arrondissement to admire the Christmas windows of the Galeries Lafayette and Printemps, glittering and shining even at 10 am in the morning. Much to the childrens' delight many mechanical figurines make the windows even more exciting. 

I must be honest, despite Covid restriction I did venture out an hour to take a quick peak, it is a tradition I just cannot skip... especially during current times when the Christmas cheer is hard to come by.

I did not dare enter the department stores thinking I might be pushing my luck but it was a real treat to watch the toddlers standing in awe in front of the colourful windows... a true breath of fresh air for the lungs, for the mind and for the soul.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...