July 29, 2018

Time to go again...

It's time, time for my boy to start his next big adventure. Six months ago he left home for university. My greatest consolation for letting him go was that he was following his dream and the excitement and motivation was written all over his face. Half a year down the road Expat boy couldn't be happier with his choice of studies and his new found circle of International friends.

I am delighted he decided to come home to relax with his family during his short 10 day summer vacation and it seems like he has never left.

I look at him and see a flashback reel full of baby rolls, big hugs, sweet smiles, superheroes, car cars and football. When he's not looking I watch him, happy and proud seeing the person he has become, he has changed, he has grown, he has matured, he is positively blooming. My little boy has become a man.

Over the past twelve months he has completed his International Baccalaureate, turned 18, had his tonsils removed, held a six-month job, found a lovely girlfriend, started Uni abroad, and is about to embark into a six-month internship in yet another country.

I couldn't be more proud of my pumpkin. You are tenacious. You are gentle. You are protective. You are faithful. You are generous. You are fun. You are committed and you love deeply. So hold on to your dreams and don't forget you will always be my big boy!

You go get'em!!!

2 comments:

  1. Bellissimo vedere i nostri figli trasformarsi da bambini dolci da sbaciucchiare in uomini che piano piano acquistano sicurezza creando sogni da realizzare. Buona fortuna Greg!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grazie cara! So che tu mi capisci. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...