January 18, 2019

Where's my little girl gone?

Expat Girl has had a rather hectic start to the New Year. This week she has completed her Personal Project at school which she has been working on for the last four months. She is deeply involved in a Sustainability Development Project which will take her to Namibia this summer AND all while trying to survive Extended Math Class spending hours of homework everyday.

She never complains. She has meltdowns but not often. She ploughs through it all. Like a warrior always steering forward while caring for those who need a helping hand.

When did my little girl turn in to such a well-rounded adult? It happened in front of my eyes... even though I am watching her grow physically and mentally day by day... somehow I blinked and I missed the transformation.

She surpassed my shoe size age 10, she is taller than I at age 15 and she is learning Chinese because she wanted to learn a language that her mummy doesn't speak.

Not doubt, she is a mini-me but she is so much more than the sum of her skills and talent, not to mention she is always three steps ahead of everyone else.

I watch her walking off to school, listening to her older brother's playlist with her ear-pods, a sign telling me how much she misses him since he left for university. Her black backpack is covered with colourful peace & love patches that she sewed onto it to make it her own. Her brown hair flashing in a tumble of stubborn waves that she swiftly wraps up to an uncontrolled chignon. And those long, lanky legs... which on the rare occasions she wears skirts catch more attention than she realizes.

She is bubbly, caring, fun, responsible, mature, clever, quick and generous. She is no longer a girl, she has turned into a gorgeous woman and the beauty of it all is that she hasn't realized it yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...