November 12, 2019

I'll always have Paris

Can you be in one place for too long? Depends on what floats your boat I suppose.

Our family is used to moving from one country to the next every few years. It seems, however, that we are stuck in Paris. Of course, you are thinking to yourself, there are worse places to be stuck in the world and you are absolutely right! I have blogged about my itching to move on before and the reasoning.

As of late, however, I have come across a few posts by Expatriate Magazine and I was shocked to hear my spontaneous answers to their open ended questions.

One of the most overrated things in Paris has to be ______
One thing I admire about the French is ______
What's your favourite French word that you like to slip in when you can?
How has living in France bettered you?
What are the strangest things you've heard from a neighbour through those thin walls?

When I start speaking out loud to myself it is never a good sign but to hear my gut reaction is a clear signal that we have served our time in this location.

By now, my family and I see straight through all the romantic connotations and emotions that Paris evokes because - the heart of the matter is - living in Paris is a different ballgame than being here on holiday. Dealing with endless bureaucracy, general strikes and bad weather is just the tip of the iceberg.

Paris has been good to us and we have definately made the most of our stay but it still doesn’t feel like home and we could happily explore and conquer a new destination.

In the meantime, I will keep posting photos of the Eiffel Tower sharing moments of romantic French vibes with my friends and followers.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...