May 7, 2019

How long could I survive off chocolate?

If I had to choose one aliment to survive on it would defiantly be chocolate. Preferably Swiss chocolate! Ok, Lady Godiva assorted chocolates are high on my favourite list as well!

However, there is no place like home when it comes to chocolate. No need to step into one of those fancy chocolatiers to feel pampered, the local supermarket (i.e. Coop or Migros) will have me drooling and raving over their counters.

Many modern historians estimate that chocolate has been around for about 2000 years. For most of that time, chocolate was a beverage.

Etymologists trace the origin of the word "chocolate" to the Aztec word "xocoatl" which referred to a bitter drink brewed from cacao beans. The Latin name for the cacao tree "Theobroma cacao" means "food of the gods". Now I will not argue with that!

Sweetened chocolate didn't appear until Europeans discovered the Americas. Chocolate didn't suit the foreigners' taste buds, but once it was mixed with honey or cane sugar, it quickly became popular. By the 17th century, chocolate was a fashionable drink throughout Europe.

Back to my point... according to science I could survive about a year by eating just chocolate!


Loving Toblerone's latest special edition


When it's wrapped in pink who can resist?


Just your regular milk chocolate


The tourist selection


How many of those can I fit into my suitcase?


Kid's favourite... häsch Dini Ovi hüt schoo kaa?


Ragusa is a well kept Swiss secret


New discovery at Manor supermarket!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...