August 20, 2019

Felicità means Happiness

Ten years ago it would have been a regular school pickup and drive to the various extra curricular activities. A car full of kids - two of mine and however many friends could fit - singing Italian classics at the top of our lungs.

It used to be the busiest part of the day - every day - chauffeuring around town while making sure everyone would be home for bath time and somehow manage to serve dinner before 8pm.

Fast forward to today and I have a car full of kids - all whom are taller than I - and I am savouring every minute of this ride. Little do they know how much I miss these moments when loud chaos equals fun and everyone is talking at the same time. Giggling, teasing, singing and shouting in the old familiar way as you do when you get together with your friends and family.

My children have turned into young adults and are mostly independent. They certainly don't need Mummy any longer to bring them to their activities but lucky me I still get to drive them around during the holidays.

It is during these cherished moments when you realise how precious a 30-minute car ride across the island of Ibiza can be, when all its passengers sing "Volare" and "Felicità" at the top of their voices. Little does it matter they don't speak Italian they have learnt the lyrics during our car rides after school over all those years... and I am the happiest person on earth!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...