February 29, 2020

When things don't go as planned

A few days skiing with by bestie in the valley that we have been coming back to summer and winter for nearly fifty years. I know, I'm a lucky girl...

Every winter an eclectic bunch of friends with kids in tow (just like our mother's used to in the 70's) gathers at Mia's chalet to enjoy the Swiss mountains and each other's good company. It's like slipping your feet into those old slippers that despite the age are still your favourite! Those couple of days skiing together every year are magical... no matter what the weather conditions we always have fun.

Until the moment things don't go as planned... in 50 years of skiing... for the first time... I am wearing a cast. I wish I could say I was showing off snowboarding with the youngsters but truth be told I fell over standing on the slope while waiting for the others.

Yep, my wrist is fractured in two places and it will take patience. The good news is I do not need to operate, a cast for the next six weeks should do the job! Also I was smart enough to fall on my left hand; being right-handed you realize that is a big plus when you only have one hand to work with.

Last but not least, I got to extend my stay in the mountains for a week feeling more comfortable with a first important check-up in a public Swiss hospital where they have thousands of skiing accidents to take care of every year.

So, all is good, I cannot complain and the nurse promised me they would stock up on pink bandages for next winter!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...