June 17, 2018

I call it love

When you stay married for twenty years to the same person it is an achievement. When you actually manage to look back and say I’d do it all again, you know you have chosen the right person.

We dated for quite a while before we tied the knot, mostly because we had careers that did not keep us in the same city nor in the same country and for a while not even on the same continent. Nevertheless we defied the odds and eventually married in Geneva before heading off to Buenos Aires to start our Expat adventure together.

We have since moved six times, learnt a few more languages along the way and made lots of new friends. I have given up my career to become a trailblazing spouse, a woman with a mission or if you like a family manager.

We have been blessed with two great kids - a mini-him and a mini-me - and have grown from an eclectic duo into an unbeatable team of four.

We rely on each other and trust is a big factor in our everyday routine. Although we have been lucky not to let routine get in our way too often. This has been a conscious decision for monotony is love’s biggest enemy!

20 years later we still laugh together and yes, he gets frustrated with me and I get upset with him but the big picture is still as rosy as it was. For there are few things in life that REALLY matter: one is family the other is love... and after two decades I’d still call it LOVE!


Life does not get much better than this!


Feeling like I'm in heaven.


A real treat!


May our love last forever.


No celebration is complete without a cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...