September 9, 2018

Reality has caught up fast

Same as every year, I hit the ground running. After a long summer full of sunshine and relaxation, I drove into Paris last Saturday to find the trees already wearing their autumn colours and starting to loose their foliage... gosh, was I really still at the beach just this morning?!?

Welcoming Expat girl back from her overseas trip and folding her into my arms was my priority. The smile on her face while telling me all about her adventures was priceless.

Ready to jump into the new school year we took ourselves off to the Welcome picnic for the school's returning and new families on Sunday. After seven years it is lovely to still see some old familiar faces...there are very few left given the turnover of Expats in this city.

Monday morning and I kicked myself into shape at the gym. Tuesday was dedicated to welcoming my friends at home kicking off "La rentrée" with many good intentions of seeing more of each other this coming year.

Living in a Parisian apartment you canot get around at least one water leak. Well, we are onto our third one and the insurance guy popped by to inspect the damage in the middle of our girly pow-wow! "Puis-je vous offrir un café" was my question to a rather intimidated looking young fellow.

A stop at the dentist with Expat boy home for two days, an appointment at the Italian embassy to renew Expat girl's passport, a meeting with the Conseil Syndical (condominium council), another meeting with the new Head of School, a PTA coffee morning, a Meet&Greet the teachers, registration for La Parisienne, coffee with a friend, a manicure to keep up the appearances and some hot yoga... all before the weekend!

I might not be a working mother but Parisian life sure keeps me busy... vive la rentrée!


Time flies when you are having fun...


What happened to summer? 


A brand new campus


Welcome back: vive La Rentrée


Familiar Parisian sidewalk scenes


Registering for my eighth "La Parisienne"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...