September 26, 2018

When many paths cross in London

Let's be honest I did plan my trip to London to see Expat Boy but the timing depended entirely on a completely different matter.

It is known that many International school kids from across the globe choose the UK to pursue their University studies, I had discovered that quite a few of my girlfriends' children were embarking onto their new adventure in London which meant they would be there for introduction week.

I planned to meet an old Genevan friend who had moved to Singapore many years ago, I contacted an old Buenos Aires friend who calls Torino home to see if by chance she were in town... she was. I missed an Italian friend who's son used to be Expat boy's friend in Madrid. We lunched and we happy-houred reminiscing over old times and trying to catch up on the years gone by over a cup of tea or a fancy cocktail.

I managed to squeeze in breakfast with a friend from my Sex and the City gang and spent an entire day with my BFF who is also Expat boy's Godmother. Oh yes, I also took my Godmother out for High Tea at the Hotel Claridges... an absolute delight in every way.

My two-day stunt was a whirlwind of emotions with many happy feelings realising that these friendships all carry on where we had left off. And even though it might sound like a cliché, to me it is a sign that true friends are never lost no matter how long you've been out of touch. True friendship does stand the test of time.

A good giggle, some tears, many stories and even more memories make it all worth while... trust and loyalty are hard to come by these days. When we’re together, we feel appreciated, connected and - most of all - we have fun!

As someone once said: " Friendship isn’t a big thing — it’s a million little things".

1 comment:

  1. Friendship doesn't know time and space because it is a durable connection via the heart!
    Lots of love and good luck to our boys!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...