March 9, 2019

Grazie Amore, Merci Mia!

It's time to say goodbye or better "Au Revoir". Heavy-heartedly I am sitting in the chalet on my last day looking out into the rain which is sweeping away the snow in the lower valley. Expat girl went off skiing with our friends to make the most of her last day skiing this season. She just sent me a selfie... it is snowing on the top of the mountain and looks awfully cold on that ski lift.

It has been a holiday to remember, not only because I have been looking forward to spending time in the mountains (away from Paris' gilets jaunes atmosphere) for months but also it was an exceptionally long one; nearly three weeks!

Due to family planning with hubby travelling, Expat Girl skiing with her friends the other end of Switzerland for a week and Expat Boy starting Uni a week before the school hols began I just added one onto the other... as one does, right.. et voilà! This gave me time with my bestie, time with my son, time with my daughter and time by myself. Only sore point: I miss my hubby!

Skiing is not his passion and therefore business travel is the perfect excuse although I know he would have loved a little break in the mountains with a stroll through Gstaad.

So, thank you Amore, for making this holiday possible. You know how I cherish my ski break and even more when it coincides with my childhood friend. So many memories have been made up in this little village, and she is part of all of mine as I am part of hers.

I grew up in Zürich and life has moved on. Our family base is in a different country now, but this chalet is the closest thing to home from my childhood. I consider myself very lucky to be coming back year and year again since 1970! Merci to Mia and all her wonderful, colourful, entertaining family! C'était une vacance de rêve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...