September 11, 2018

A very special weekend

Seeing one friend after the other leave Paris - going into my eighth year - pretty much all of my soul mates have left the city for their next destination. Don't get me wrong I have friends and I love hanging out with them but the bond you create when arriving in a new city at the same time is unique.

The obvious answer is: make new friends which I have but if there is only one thing better than making a new friend, and that is keeping an old one.

There are two solutions: old stories are like old friends, you have to visit them from time to time OR invite them to come visit you.

For the past three years a dear Swedish friend takes on the journey every September to spend the weekend in Paris and run "La Parisienne" with me. It is a time to catch up and spend some time together just the two of us. A bit of sight-seeing, a little shopping, a hint of culture, lots of walking and even more photos and smiles.

Of course, we treat ourselves to a glass of champagne along the way to celebrate our friendship and when on Sunday morning we cross that finishing line hand in hand I think of Albert Camus' words: "Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Walk beside me and be my friend."


Warming up for La Parisienne by climbing the 300 steps of the St.Jacques tower...
and the view is spectacular.


Les Halles is well worth a visit for its impressive architecture.


A new discovery... Tintin mural in the 2nd arrondissement


Too early for champagne, how about some cidre?


When your son's name is written on the wall!


I wonder what this store used to sell?


Unmistakably ... Galerie Vivienne


Nope, that limo is not waiting for us.


A delicious dinner with only the freshest produce.


Ready, set, go!


A well deserved drink on a beautiful sunny Sunday in Paris!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...