December 13, 2018

A blast from the past...

Being half-British I grew up learning how to read with Ladybird books. The words "Peter and Jane" take me back to a warm, fuzzy, nostalgic place in my memory. I use to love the stories about Peter and Jane and their terribly British household. Back in the 60s and 70s these books represented stereotyped models of British family life. 

Imagine my surprise when I saw a Ladybird book about Brexit at my local bookstore! It seems this delightful book is the latest in the series of Ladybird books which have been specially planned to help grown-ups with the world about them!

Being in the European Union is terribly complicated. Leaving it is terribly complicated too. Luckily the choice on the ballot paper didn’t look very complicated at all. It was something about the freedom of bananas. Confused about currency? Baffled by borders? Perturbed about passports?

Featuring original Ladybird artwork alongside brilliantly funny, brand new text this is a true flashback and had me giggle all day!


2018 Edition


The first books issued in 1964


I could only dream of a sweetie store like this in Switzerland where I grew up.
This was my favourite page in the book!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...