September 15, 2019

La Parisienne No.9

Fine, I need to get my head back into the game. La rentrée has begun in France and I am back in Paris. Yes, let's get real.

What better way than to kick-start myself into Parisian routine than a run around town with 25'000 other ladies? It's called La Parisienne. It happens every year and is considered the biggest female running race in Europe. Beyond the sporting challenge, La Parisienne is also a charity race, raising money for breast cancer research.

This year's theme for some bizarre reason was the American Far West.

Way back in 2011 it was the first activity I plunged myself into when we had just moved to Paris. I figured I might as well start with a bang.

I ran the race alone the first couple of years because I do prefer to run by myself. However, over the years it has become the perfect excuse for my girlfriends (who have since moved to their next destination) to return to the city of lights and visit. We make a girlie weekend out of it and it has become one of the highlights of my year... along with the rooftop yoga!


The Far West comes to the heart of the French capital


Early bird to register


Ready to go!


Iconic start beneath the Eiffel Tower


Mums and daughters this year... so chuffed Expat Girl is joining me


A few lost cow girls


A well-deserved Parisian lunch "entre copines"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...