September 14, 2019

The good and the bad

Over the summer holidays, I found myself more than once comparing our life in Paris to the summers we spend in Spain. I cannot help but notice that I have spent two months with:

- NO rain
- NO make up
- NO sweaters
- NO complaining Parisians
- NO navigating cobblestones in high heels
- NO monotone wardrobe in shades of grey
- NO slaloming around dog poop on pathments
- NO strikes
- NO Gilets Jaunes

instead I have:

- a fabulous tan
- enjoyed blue skies all day every day
- lived with open windows night and day
- eat breakfast on the terrace EVERY morning
- lived in sandals and flip flops
- wore summer dresses and shorts all the time
- bathed in hot weather
- drank lots of good and affordable cava (sparkling wine) and Sangria
- every airport run took 15 min for drop off and pick up (instead of one hour!)
- held dinner parties with friendly neighbours until 4 am (that has NEVER happened in Paris)
- hung out with my gang of unconditional girlfriends (who all wore colourful prints)
- gained 3 kilos

... and I can't wait to go back. Hasta luego España!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...