May 30, 2020

A place in the sun

Feeling very energetic and thrilled to have rediscovered my love for city biking I resuscitate my 20-year old Rossignoli bike which had transported me with little Expat boy far and wide across Milano back in the days. 

So, I might have been a bit ambitious wanting to bike from the 16th arrondissement to the Bois de Vincennes but luckily I have girlfriends who hurl me back to earth.

Bringing out the car for the first time in two months I followed a lunch invitation by a dear friend and drove myself the other side of the city. Boy, it feels good to get around town again. I missed flaneusing the streets of Paris and although it's not quite the same in the car it was nice to salute Notre Dame Cathedral all wrapped up in scaffolding, drive along Ile Saint-Louis admiring the 17th century building in the sun, navigate around the Bastille in the bus line by mistake and admire an empty, very pristine looking Place de la Nation.

What I did not expect after our lovely walk around the Lake Daumesnil was the enchanted garden that welcomed us at my friend's house. Clearly a great deal of time, dedication and passion had turned this little green patch into an English garden complete with Laura Ashely patterned deck chairs... and much to my delight in PiNk! This is definitely my place in the sun for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...