June 13, 2020

When the days start blurring together...

It's been three months now... 13 weeks since the corona pandemic exploded and lockdown began in France. Three weeks ago we were slowly allowed to venture out albeit parks, museums and restaurants remaining closed. Most Parisians continued to work from home and the world had definitely not gone back to normal.

Then, the terrasses opened up as did the green spaces in town, the sun was shining and people came out in hoards to enjoy a glass of rosé dangling their legs along the river Seine banks. Slowly the city's heart started beating again. Traffic began to intensify and Parisians regained their defensive posture towards the rest of the world. It seemed as if we were heading back to routine.

Only... there is now more routine. I now have to manage my virtual schedule with my "real live" and somehow the two don't always seem to synch. I have one leg in each world trying to decide which way to go. To be honest the virtual sphere has become quite comfortable to live in but so uninspiring. I need people to watch, places to go, things to see, corners to discover. The days have started to blur into one another. Wednesday could be a Saturday and nothing changes really. 

I have been out and about with my bike exploring and taking pictures, I have enjoyed picnics in the park with my girlfriends, we even ventured out for a dinner entre amis sur la terrasse on a freezing cold evening but ... for now... I will say I do not like the new normal!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...