July 10, 2020

I've been busy

Remember, back in March when we thought the whole Covid-thing would be over by summer? If we could just get through to July and hopefully go on holidays somewhere beyond the borders? As the days went by these possibilities seem to slim down until the Parisians started frantically searching for affordable places to rent in France over the summer. 

I followed the French and Spanish news every day to see when we could skip the border towards the sunshine. June 21st - after a few false alarms - we were finally allowed into the Iberian peninsula.

Since then I have been busy... busy reuniting with my friends, busy catching up with neighbours, busy enjoying the sunshine, busy sipping pink cava, busy with my online fitness classes, busy with paperwork (I never get around the boring stuff), I even managed a quick trip to the Corte Ingles, Spain's one and only iconic department store which survives despite its humongous stocks of every item under the sun!?!

I've celebrated my birthday with friends and family, had reunions and girly get-togethers, all while trying to keep my distance because as my lovely friend paraphrases the Covid situation: "It is not the places we go to it is our behaviour!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...