August 3, 2015

Some like it hot!

It is HOT! A heatwave has hit Europe this summer but Madrid seems to have remained under the spell for the entire month and that is fine by me.

Living in Paris might sounds utterly romantic to some and I admit I would not change it for another city in Europe - except maybe Madrid - but if you happen to like hot summer weather, you won't find it in the city of lights where it is currently 16ºC!

In contrast, Madrid has supplied us with endless sunshine and temperatures which did not sink under  30ºC during the entire month. When my i-phone records 35ºC at midnight I am in heaven. THIS is what I call a proper summer. 31 days of solid sunshine and temperatures in the high 30's even 40's! Bring it on!

These temperatures allow for breakfast at 10 am, lunch at 3pm and dinner at 10pm on the terrasse without EVER feeling chilly. It means you ALWAYS have an excuse to indulge in a yummy ice cream and won't feel guilty lounging around the pool all day living the life of luxury!

So, thank you, thank you, thank you, Weather Gods, for letting me quench the sun rays for an entire month which will give me the energy to live though the grey Parisian winter months.

I am now off to my Bikram Yoga class, ideally practiced in a room heated to 40 °C with a humidity of 40% but in my mind is a smile, is a kiss, is a sip of wine ... it's summertime!”




2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...