February 23, 2018

Skiing La Videmanette

Ever since I was a little girl I've been skiing on "La Videmanette". Opening the wooden shutters of my chalet bedroom in the morning this Swiss "Grande Dame" would greet me some times with happy sunshine others with a grey veil around her peak. Some things never change.

The Videmanette's limestone is one of the most unique rock formations in the valley. Popular with skiers, gliders and climbers, the summit almost feels like the set of a science fiction movie. From the observation deck - at an altitude of 2,200 metres above sea level - one can spot Les Dents in one direction and the Eiger in the other.

Today the fun commences here with a spectacular view and valley-bound descents into the fog-engulfed slopes...


Rise and shine...


Maybe more rising than shining?!?


A nice surprise: the sun came out to greet us at the top of La Videmanette.
It looked like a different story from below.


The view up towards La Videmanette from the gondola.


The view looking down into the valley.


Can I take this panorama with me to Paris? Please?!?


I do miss the Swiss mountains!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...