September 9, 2012

Moi, La Parisienne!

I did it! I have come full circle. 365 days in Paris. This morning I ran La Parisienne race along with 28'000 other motivated women. I remember having arrived just days earlier last year and deciding to start my Paris adventure with a bang by participating at the yearly 6km race for women.

Yesterday I took myself off to collect my t-shirt and number tag feeling very happy about the weather forecast announcing 30°C. My kind of element ....totally!


About to trade my Parisian chic for a sports t-shirt!


Lucked out ... no queues!

The motiviation was palpable this moring. 28'000 women from across the country and beyond gathered today for a fun, music-filled race in support of cancer research.

I came across teams of the American hospital, the Simply Supermarket, Chanel, Clarins, Shisheido, Axa Insurances, just to name a few. There were teams in pink tutus, others were wearing a Cuban-style fruit basket on their head (made me think of a friend of mine). A team of Marilyn Monroes crossed my path  and a couple of Japanese ladies dressed in their Kimonos! The outfits ranged from Spiderwoman to a Hijab. We all had one commen goal: to show our solidarity and to reach the end... some runing others walking!

I must admit after a long summer vacation I was a wee bit out of shape but the Brazilian Samba band at the last corner provided me with the perfect last push to dance across the finishing line with a big smile on my face.

Here are the best teams I saw this moring:

Most competitive: Groupama (pushing by everyone else)
Most Exotic: La Reunion Tourist board in their traditional colourful ruffled skirts
Most Courageous: An orchestra marching the entire 6 km playing their instruments
Most Solidarity: the teams that ran in remembrance of a lost friend
Best advertising: Le Lido, although not all of the girls had long legs they certainly strutted their stuff
Best Suppport team: Le Bon Marché who rooted endlessly (including the dog) for their enormous team from La Grande Epicerie


I am soooo ready!


Waiting in the starting blocks below the Eiffel Tower



Warming up with some groovy music


Listen to the ladies


After one and a half hours this band was half-way!


 Roses for all the ladies at the end of the race!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...